Do you want ?
Use Artifact for Instruction
Prepare students to read a story by discussing a concept that appears in a book:
- This book has rhymes. Can you remember any other books with rhyming words?
- This book includes travel. Can you remember another story that we’ve read that includes a journey?
- Keep your eye out in this story for relationships between parents and children. Are parents easy or difficult to live with?
Practice close-reading with Artifact:
- Can you find an example of teamwork in this story?
- Show me where you see that in the story.
Have students create artifacts for the books they read:
- What big ideas appear in this story?
- What are some smaller ideas in the story that seem significant?
- How does this story address the idea of teamwork?
Artifact for Daily Activities
Create classroom activities
- Have students search for ideas/evidence in a book
- Have students identify different books that contain an idea
- Give students practice and feedback for these skills
- Add an enrollment key in the activity for student privacy